Sunday, August 3, 2014

First Day of School - Auburn

 First of all, I took a lot of pictures, but I wish I had more!  This girl was so cute for this whole going to school process.  The night before school started we went in and met her teacher.  Auburn is in Mrs. Willis' AM Kindergarten class.  


The night before school started Auburn laid out her "fancy" going to school outfit in my room so she could get ready "even if Piper is sleeping".  At 6:10am, Wednesday July 31st, 2014, I started running on my treadmill.  At 6:12am Auburn walked into where I was running with only her underwear on!  She pretty much slept walked into the office.  She wanted to get ready right away.  After showering, she put a healthy dose of vicks vapor rub on her chest "in case [she] was going to cough" then dawned her purple apparel.  School didn't start until 8:30am, so I had two hours to kill once she got ready!  I made her pancakes with special buttermilk syrup, and she gave Ruby a present that she had picked out a few days before as a "going away to school" present.  (It was a yellow my little pony.)

Here Auburn is all ready to get in the car and go!



Greg stayed home with Ruby and Piper so I could walk Auburn into her class.  Auburn sat down right away and told me she was fine and that she wanted me to leave.  I asked her if I could take a picture and she said no, so I did what any parent would do and took a stalker-hallway photo of the back of her head.  


Here she is with her homework folder:


When Auburn got into the car she told me about a girl that wore a frozen shirt, having recess inside (and some game they played for inside-recess), she told me that she got a sticker, someone asked what her name was, and she raised her hand.  She also got a drink from the drinking fountain, and that her teacher is awesome!  




1 comment:

Rachel Warner said...

This is adorable! I bet she is loving it :)

pin it