Saturday, May 19, 2012

Color Wonder for Church

I don't like taking non-church themed toys to church.  It seems wrong to me that I would let my kid color in a coloring book that featured her favorite tv show character, but not let her watch that tv character on tv because it is Sunday.  (Everyone has different rules for Sunday - one of ours is no tv.)

When I was trying to come up with a better idea this happened...Color Wonder by Crayola has blank drawing pages.  I bought some at the store and printed our own coloring pages onto them!

I found Melonheadz LDS Illustrating that I really loved.  She has some really wonderful coloring pages.  I especially love the "all creatures of our Lord and King" page.

Cute, right?

I used an 8x10 setting on my printer for the Color Wonder drawing sheets.

Some other image idea's I have used are: the Prophet Thomas S. Monson, CTR shield, the Prophet Joseph Smith Jr., missionaries, family, family reading scriptures....

If you visit LDS.org and search in the magazine, "The Friend" for coloring pages you will find a lot of images you can print.

1 comment:

Janine Cate said...

We never really did coloring books. We did (do) use felt piece sets (and cars, of course). Something like this might be nice:

http://www.amazon.com/Beginners-Bible-Noahs-Ark-Felt/dp/B0006V2LUA
http://www.amazon.com/Beginners-Bible-Creation-Flannelboard-Figures/dp/B0006V566G/ref=pd_sim_t_2

The stick to the padding on the bench just fine.

Oh, I know. I can get them for a birthday present for a little somebody who is turning 3 soon. ;)

Aunt Janine

pin it